- The Graduate Council sets policy and advises the Director and Vice President.
- Coordinators oversee student recruitment, admission, advising, and degree completion.
- High-achieving students can complete bachelor's and master's degrees with one year of study.
- A Postdoc is defined as a position for individuals that have completed their doctoral degree.
- Check out the important dates and deadlines for your upcoming tasks.
- List of graduate student and faculty issues documents.
More for Faculty Support
Graduate Faculty Membership Requirements
University requirements for Graduate Faculty membership are set forth in Article IV of the Bylaws.
- Graduate School Bylaws
- Graduate faculty membership nomination form (Deadline for submission, February 15, 2024)
Departments and Schools may also have additional membership criteria, but are not required to do so. Any departmental or school requirements must be in addition to those enumerated in the bylaws. Contact your departments/schools for additional requirements.
- Illinois State University Graduate School DataBook (last edition 2013)
- Council of Graduate Schools Information on graduate education
- On line learning Consortium Information on quality online education
- College Board Education Pays series Detailed evidence of the private and public benefits of higher education
- Chronicle of Higher Education News about higher education
- U.S. Department of Education Official policy statements and more
- National Science Foundation Research news
- Higher Education Data Center Data from various levels and sources
- Carnegie Foundation University classifications and comparisons
- National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator Summary data for U.S. universities