Graduate Student Advisory Council
The Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) brings together students representing each college, international and domestic students, and different degree levels. The purpose of this group is to:
- Consider ideas to enhance graduate education
- Discuss concerns about being a graduate student on campus
- Make recommendations to the Graduate School, Graduate Council and related units on campus
- Discuss improvements to the graduate student experience
- Serve as a liaison between students and the Graduate School
- Enhance student awareness of the Graduate School and its services
- Provide a student voice to help shape Graduate School priorities and practices
- Provide guidance to potential and new graduate students
- Serve as a representative to campus committees as needed
GSAC will be comprised of 15 members:
- 6 college MS/MA/MFA representatives, 1 from each of the colleges
- 1 doctoral student each from MCN, CAS & COE
- 6 at-large members
Applicants will be self-nominated by completing the application form, and the applications will be reviewed by Graduate School staff. Each student may serve up to a 2 year term with an option for one additional reappointed term.
Members will serve on sub-committees as needed. The sub-committees will include: international students, doctoral students, and graduate assistants.
GSAC members should be able to attend approximately two meetings per semester. Students missing more than three meetings in a year will be removed from the Council. Class and graduate assistantship conflicts do not constitute as a missed meeting.
All GSAC members must be in good standing. Students on probation will be removed from the Council until they return to good standing.
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year are now closed. Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year will open in mid-August.
Form is loading...